Eric's best lines
"When Carter comes we're going to play monsters."
"If it's Kaelee I'm just going to put her back in your tummy and get Carter out."
"Excuse me Mom, I need to tell you something."
"So what should we do for tonight?"
The kids are both getting excited for the arrival of our newest Long! Sam like to come up to my belly and start kissing it or patting it, saying baby over and over again. Sometimes she will share her blanket and enforces that it's just for the baby, not for mom! Occasionally she'll come over and put her binky in my belly button, because binkies are for babies, not for my big girl. Eric loves coming over to talk to the baby. It usually goes something like this... "I'm just going to talk to the baby. (In a high pitched voice) Hi baby! What should we do for tonight? I'm going to sing you a song. (usually I am a child of God). Mom, where's his head?"
I started a new job at UVRMC working PT night shifts. I have my first night shift job tonight and I'm not sure if I'm more nervous about the lack of sleep I've had, or that I finally get to start orienting to the shift I will actually be working. Either way tonight will be an adventure. The next three days I will be a bit of a zombie, as I have back to back nights. But I'm glad to finally be starting to see what I can actually handle. It's nice to finally be back in the hospital doing what I love. I can tell the stress is there, but I also feel so much better about myself. It's so nice to have something to do that is just for me. Something that I can do, that I love to do, that I can use to help my family. Currently we are acting like I'm not getting paid, and any money that I bring it is getting thrown into savings for our Van or at the house to bring the interest down. I didn't think that I would feel any different having a job a wanted for so long, but I do. I love being able to work as a nurse. And I'm so grateful to have a husband that supports me in wanting to work. He really is the best thing that could've happened to me. I'm so lucky that he's willing to pick up my slack around the house, by doing the laundry/dishes/general cleaning when I come home and literally just pass out for an hour (usually more than that...). But the kids are being a little too quiet... so it's time for this mama to go investigate...
Monday, January 5, 2015
Ahh the kiddos....
Posted by Melanie J Long at 11:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment