Tuesday, February 9, 2010

OR Nurse? Not happening!

       Not much has changed for Matt and I since the last post. We are both still just busy with school and looking forward to the Summer. Although, for very different reasons. Matt because of his ROTC training, and me because I'll finally be graduating!!

       We did however, have an interesting experience with our plumbing yesterday. What started out with a simple faucet and valve replacement in the bathroom turned into a wall ripping experience.  In out effort to replace the hot water valve, Matt learned that he is stronger then our pipes. So we end up ripping out part of the wall to expose the pipe that had just been broken. The piece that was still attached was more then our tools could handle. So we called in a little help from Matt's dad. We ended up getting the valve replaced and everything reattached only to find out that our sink was also leaking from the wall attachment to the U bend pipe. This leak repair also turned into a pipe crushing experience, and soon more of the wall ended up on my bathroom floor. After cleaning all of that up and replacing as many of the pipes as we could see and attaching the vanity to the wall and reinstalling the sink I got my bathroom back! And I couldn't be happier! Just goes to show that fixing a little leak can go a long way to solving a bigger problem!

       Well you're probably wondering about the title, so I'll take a min and fill you in. Originally I wanted to either be an OR nurse, a Peds nurse or a NICU nurse. However, after my clinical this past Monday, OR nursing is no longer an option. When I pictured OR nursing I thought I'd actually be doing some patient care. Come to find out, the nurse does paper work, sets up and opens up sterile equipment and then cleans up the room. Talk about BORING! It's actually the OR tech that gets to do all the stuff that I wanted to do, and there's no way I'm going to go back to school to get paid less and do more. So Pediatric nursing it is for me. However, I'm still anxiously waiting to do my ER rotation. Which sounds like a lot of fun and stress. But, I don't think that's where I'll end up. Mostly because I tend to have a really hard time dealing with teens that overdose. I've had one too many friends end up in the hospital because of it, and I don't think I could handle seeing them when they first come in. But who knows, maybe that's where I'll end up.

       But, for now it's back to the books and going into information overload for about 25 more weeks!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment