So I was planning on posting a while ago about Matt leaving for basic training but he beat me to it. He left on Monday April 19, 2010 for basic training. His plane left the next day at 1400 (2 PM) for Fort Sill OK. He called me before and after his flight, and both times I was in class. thankfully I left my class thinking it was a rental and was able to talk to him. :)
He's doing really good and has found out that they can earn cell phone privileges. So as soon as he mails me a letter and I find out his address I'll be mailing him my phone. And yes I will let you all know his address so you can write to him too. So anyways back to the cell phone privileges, he earns them based on how good/bad he does during the week/day. When he earns them he will be able to call people but not to receive calls. So that will help to make the time go faster while he's gone. At the very least he'll be able to call on Sundays, so going by that counting there are only 18 (which is a much nicer number then the 124 days he'll be gone : D). So thinking about it that way it doesn't seem nearly as long.
But I'm about to head into class so I will post more about this later.
~ Melanie
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Matt's off for Basic
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment